We are committed to the safeguarding of our customers’ privacy and herein explain how we may deal with your personal information.
Personal Data & Its Use
On our secure server, we might collect, store & use the following types of personal data:
– information about your device and your visits to us & use of our website, for example, your IP address, location, browser type, length of visit, referral source, & page views
– information you provide to us when you sign up for our newsletters held by our bulk email provider (Mailchimp – www.mailchimp.com)
– information you provide for the purpose of registering with us including name, email address, phone number(s), company details & address
– information relating to transactions between us including information relating to any purchases you make
– any other information that you choose to send to us
We may use your personal information to:
– administer our site – enable your use of the services available on the website
– send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you;
– send you messages about your order
– send you email notifications about the status of your order
– improve your browsing experience
– send to you our email newsletter if you have specifically agreed to receive it (via www.mailchimp.com)
– deal with any enquiries or complaints you may raise with us
A cookie is information sent by a web server to a web browser which is then stored by the browser. The information is returned to the server when your browser revisits the page, the purpose being for the server to identify & track the browser.
Our shopping cart system uses a cookie that enables the website to recognise that it is you clicking from page to page, otherwise, it would appear that every click is considered your first visit to the site and your shopping cart would be emptied on every click elsewhere. Online shopping would be impossible without such a cookie. The cookie expires when your session ends.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies, however, this choice will, detract from the usability of many websites. You may also manually clear your browser cookies at any time.
A session cookie is in use for your convenience. This allows our website to recognise that you are returning so the contents of your shopping basket will still be there on your return. If you sign into the site with an email address or username & password (encrypted), your login details will be saved to ensure a smooth return. When you sign out, the login details are removed from the cookie.
In addition to the above-mentioned, we may disclose information about you
- to exercise our legal rights, e.g. in cases of fraud prevention
- to any prospective purchaser of our business, should we decide to sell
- if we are legally required to do so
- in connection with legal proceedings
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure servers and, for our merchant account and newsletter providers, we will only use companies who operate secure systems.
You are responsible for keeping your login details secure.
We are unable to fully guarantee the security of any data sent over the internet.
Updates To Your Information & Our Policy
Please let us know if you would like the information we hold about you to be amended or updated.
You may ask us to advise you of any information we hold about you. Such provision will be subject to a £10 fee. You may remove your permission for us to contact you for marketing purposes at any time, either by email or by clicking the Unsubscribe link that appears at the bottom of every marketing email we send you.
Policy update: 10 May, 2018